Old 03-02-2008, 01:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
LiveLife

Welcome Jennifer,

Yes, you are at the right place. My boyfriend was molested and abused at a very young age. His mother allowed his abusers to stay at their house. She shot heroin in his veins the first time when he was 10 years old. He did the same for her for years because she was too sick to do it herself. He sold drugs at school at age 11 to pay the bills to take care of his brother and sister because his mother was too sick to take care of them.

When I met him he was not actively using drugs, but after 4 amazing years he gave into his cravings and started using again. Having never been around drugs and addiction myself, I was thrown into a world I knew nothing about.

This forum has helped me more than I can find words to express. Just knowing that I am not alone has literally saved my life many times over. I have two young boys, 5 and 7 and I nearly forgot them in the turmoil of trying to "heal" my best friend.

Please keep coming back. Never be afraid to share what you are feeling because someone here has been there, too. We truly do care about you. Take care of yourself and your baby .... it may seem backwards at times, but it is the best way to help your husband.

********{Hugs}}}}}