View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 10:20 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Uncertain Me

Hey Mike -

You know what is best for them, how this whole enabling/detachment thing works. Ok, so you're not perfect yet, but you're making progress.
You're right, Mike. I can see that now: at least I'm able to know what's needed even if I can't act on it easily. See - another "failure" recast as success.

You know that little saying "One day at a time"? I've had many a time when I was way too tired to turn anything over, or to pray. I've changed the saying and taken it down to "One second at a time" when I'm really down.
I think this is so important. I'm not always (understatement!) good at remembering I don't have to do it all well for a long time. I know that keeping moving no matter what helps- remembering that there will be a better day or moment just around the next clock tick occasionally is my only sense of perspective. I love your idea of one second at a time. I'll try that in my next true-blue state.

Ship it UPS to Las Vegas, we're gonna need it this summer
Boy, I don't know if you know what you're asking for! I can just picture the "strip" dealing with the multiple feet of snow we've had so far! :rof
This winter has been one continual series of snow storms that hit almost like clockwork every Monday or Tuesday. I don't think the local schools have had more than one full day of school for the past three weeks - they keep either starting two hours late, letting out two hours early, or just altogether cancelling because of the state of the roads and the weather. This situation - my exasperation at the weather - is probably one more thing I need to keep turning over to my HP. And the crazy thing is that I usually like snow and winter ...

That last part reminded me about something my mom used to say. She's an ordained Presbyterian minister, and so almost everytime there was going to be a family thing that needed good weather, people would ask my mom to "arrange" it. Her response was "I'm in sales, not management!"

Thanks for the support, Mike. You're great!

UM