View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 08:20 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
DesertEyes

Hey there Wonder Warrior Princess

* I think I got that right, ol' nogging doesn't hold on to things like it used to *

Originally Posted by Uncertain Me View Post
... I know that I can't; I know that I need to detach and let my sons hold their own;...
I think that's awesome. You know what is best for them, how this whole enabling/detachment thing works. Ok, so you're not perfect yet, but you're making progress.

... I suspect I need to take some time to meditate and then turn this all over to my HP - but sometimes I'm too tired to do even that... ...
You know that little saying "One day at a time"? I've had many a time when I was way too tired to turn anything over, or to pray. I've changed the saying and taken it down to "One second at a time" when I'm really down. I'll look at a clock and just focus on the second hand, and take comfort that I've made it thru _one_ second. By the time I've thought that it's been 5 seconds, and so I can focus on the next 5 until I've added up a full 10 seconds.

Ten seconds is enough for me, even in my darkest times. I say my shortest prayer "God, stick with me please", and next thing you know, He stuck with me yet another 10 seconds.

... Does anyone know how to turn off the snow?...
Ship it UPS to Las Vegas, we're gonna need it this summer

... I'm going to send out a group hug...
thanx for the hug, you make them special.

Mike