Thread: My Mother
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 08:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
MrsFox

Hello, welcome to this wonderful place of people who truely understand! I too am new here and have found this website very helpful and my strenghth. On that note, my mother is an alcoholic and has been for my entire life. I can understand somewhat, different demon same results. My mother went thru friends and jobs like no one I have ever seen. It's sad to look back and think of how she has ruined so much. And it's hard cuz she is your mom and you don't want to give up on her but you don't have the strength to keep fighting either. I'm at the same crossroad as you. Do you help, or do you turn your back? I am a happily married 27 yr old with three young children. I thought the kids would be enough for her, but sadly they are not. Although they are her life she can't stop drinking. I would do what will make YOU happy. For me it is time for me to move on without her. I can not fight anymore. None of this is your fault. Addicts do have a very good way of getting what they need. It's hard to walk away from your mother. She's supposed to be there for her daughter...there are many emotions to go thru if you choose that path. I guess in a sense it is grieving. If anything else, please just don't feel guilty, it's not you, it's her. There is nothing you can do. I wish you all the best of luck with which ever you choose. You should stick around reguardless of you decision, this is a great place! Good luck!