Thread: Day 7
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 07:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Mattcake

Well done Resistra! I'm on day 7 too

Personally, I don't know how you managed while having a stash of beer at hand. I have a friend staying over who of course showed up with a bottle of Jaggermeister which went untouched. She's leaving today and I've already planned my strategy: I'm pouring $40 worth of herby poison down the toilet the moment she walks out.

And yeah, doesn't it feel good to be hangover-free?? My drinking was so bad towards the end that it took me a full day to recover, and I'd still feel woozy the day after that.

I'm glad it hasn't been hell for you, we seem pretty much alike in that way. Yesterday was the first day I felt almost normal in years - the worst of withdrawal is over, I hope. No bad cravings so far. But I've struggled a bit with those musings as well like "hmmm, why not? just one". Purely out of habit I guess. Then I shrug it off and do something else instead. But I don't want to get cocky, I'm still very aware of the danger of "just one". I haven't been to AA, but I have been mulling steps 1 and 2, and that keeps me grounded right now.

Anyway, best to you

Matt