Old 02-27-2008, 03:31 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
bob_sapp

Originally Posted by Music View Post
People who work the program, keep showing up at meetings sober. People who don't work the program, either don't show up at meetings, or they sit around taking other people's inventory about how they work the program. If I don't drink today, I must be doing something right! I was taught One Day at a Time, and Principles before Personalities.
I don't agree. Going to meetings and staying sober don't mean you are working "the program." I'm surprised you believe this the point of AA. You can do the 12 steps without doing either of these things.

Taking a person's inventory, and observing who does and who does not have what you want are two completely different things. I stick with the winners, IE people who have something I want. I don't need to take anyone's inventory to see what people show me with their lives and actions. To me principles before personalities means "taking what you want, and leave the rest" ---ergo I ignore, don't associate with, or otherwise discard from my life any people or opinions that conflict with my goals in the program.