View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 10:28 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
NoelleR

Hey ser ----

I know I already responded to this, but I noticed something in your original posting that I missed the first time.....you said....:

"...I've been in counseling for about 2 months, and my therapist feels that my problems/situational depression can be boiled down to husband's drinking..."

Is your therapist saying that your problems/situational depression is 'caused' by your husband's drinking? If this is the case, I would suggest you find another therapist......

Your husband's drinking did NOT cause your problems. That would be like saying that your husband's drinking was caused by your problems/depression/actions.........NOPE in both cases.......

Your problems/situational depression may be caused by your 'reaction' to your husband's drinking.....and so, Alanon would be a good fit for you.....whether you choose to leave the relationship or not.....it would be very good for you....! (o: Just as your actions do/did not 'cause' your husband's drinking, your husband's drinking does/did not cause your problems....

NoelleR