View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 09:38 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Krissy 72

Whenver I post, I am always afraid to check the replies. I put it off and read dozens of others before I check my own. It's scary... but, all of you are awesome. This is the only place where I can be honest. So, bear with me

I guess another way to answer your question is I don't cope with life by trying to control it. Acceptance and letting go are a daily reprieve from being overwhelmed and lost.
Dean, never thought of anxiety as trying to control things, but yeah, I guess that's exactly what it is. How weird to think of it that way... thank you

GreenTea, thanks - especially for the excerpts from 'Under the Influence'. I'm still scared about AA, but that was truly helpful.

But regardless the problem still remains "how to live without drinking and not be insane?"For me the obsession to drink was lifted fairly quickly once I quit drinking. My problem is that although the obsession may have been lifted I still had no clue how to live without drinking. I was in a constant state of depression, had difficulty making decisions, felt uncomfortable in my own skin, had a significant amount of anxiety, and all sorts of other maladies.
Nandm, you said what I meant way better than I did. It's nice not to feel alone. I am so happy that AA worked for you.

CarolD, thanks. Believe it or not... I was an admin mental health case manager and worked with therapists, psychologists and psychiatrists... I think that's why I'm so cynical as far as this.., whatever the hell it is. I guess I'll borrow from you; misery is a pretty fair description.

Rusty, you are SO funny. I think it might be a turkey... Thank you, I needed that!

Anna, you are inspirational to everybody on here. Thank you, again

I keep out of my own head as its dangerous territory
Kevin - LOL PLEASE, please, tell me how to do that!!! lol- thanks

Jersey Nonny, thank you. Your posts have been so helpful.. especially while lurking

i have wondered this myself, and depending on what day you ask me, i will present a convincing argument for either side.
29a, God, is that true! Sometimes I post, and completely change my mind about my own post. I'm hoping if I keep the straight and narrow, sanity will be my door prize. Thank you.

After all this time I'm probably just broke in both places.
Resistra, now THAT is a quote - thank you!

Thank you all. How strange to find help this way. It's been my lifeline.

Krissy