View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 04:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
cagefree
I Finally Love My Life!!!

*I went on a date in December and the next day the guy showed up unannounced, lied that he lost my number and walked around my property when I wasn't there. I didn't get scared, make excuses or worry about his feelings. I got p1ssed and stood up for myself making a very clear boundary. Never heard back from him.

*I disagreed with my boss today. What's more, she didn't agree with me and we have agreed to disagree. No part of that bothers me.

*I watched an old Beverly Hills 90210 re-run and can't believe what a codependent Brenda was...and I used to think Dylan was such a catch! Eeewwww! You go out on a first date and your ride pours a hard drink, gets peeved that you are concerned, then later throws a potted plant at you...I can't believe it didn't last!! LOL

*I was feeling rather lonely this weekend and my therapist later asked me to deduce that feeling...I realized that I had it in my head that I was not good at making friends and I was critical of them. When I thought about these 2 things I could only hear my mother's voice...I then realized neither of those things were true...I have lived 34 years thinking those 2 critical thoughts about myself that I no longer have to "own".

Then my therapist reminded me that during my very first session that those 2 things were at the top of my list of things I felt I needed to change - and come to find out there was nothing wrong with me to begin with. This has been a common theme in my recovery of codependency.

I can't wait for more!