View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 04:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
WantToNeedTo

ya know, I am starting to think this Flu, or me getting it I mean, may be a Blessing in disguise. I have said before on this site that I want to get sober, problem was I was always worried about the detox, mostly the insomnia. Well, turns out the medication the doc called in for me, Tamiflu, also causes insomnia. What I am saying i guess is that if I can continue to not drink during the flu, then the worst part(first 5days or so) will already be over. At least that is how I am gonna look at it, in a positive way, and I hope that once I am better from the flu, I wont dive right back into the 12 pack a night.

Oh, one more thing I have figured out from laying in the bed for 20+ hrs a day, the sore throat and ear pain that my doc kept saying was from allergies, definately isnt. It is from my acid reflux. I had read where that could happen and cause the "lump in throat" feeling and ear pain, and now as I laid there so long at a time awake I started to feel the acids come up and sit in that one spot. Perhaps I was just drunk in the past so I didnt feel the acids come up. Either way that is definately just another reason to quit, to prevent much worse things like throat or stomach cancer.

Anyways, sorry to ramble again, but thanks for listening(er.....reading).

WTNT