View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 08:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
hadenoughnow

My story is over signing our divorce papers. My AH and I came to a verbal agreement on all aspects of our divorce. I didn't have any expectation that he would stick with it so I was in no hurry to have the papers drawn up only to have him refuse to sign and verbally harass me further (he was still living in the house). Two weeks before he was due to move out he insisted he was not leaving without something to "show his lawyer" (the one he never hired) so I had the settlement drawn up. Of course instead of signing it he ranted and raved and insisted I take out the provision regarding no alcohol during visitation and mandatory testing if he violated it. I didn't react and told him that I would talk to my attorney about modifications but that the no alcohol was NOT coming out. Sure enough the very next day a letter comes from the court for a custody hearing interview (he is scared to death of being under scrutiny so the timing was perfect). I had my attorney make a small change to the language and gave the A the papers again (at this point he had moved out so less drama). I reminded him that they needed to be signed by a certain day so that I can take them to my custody interview and present them as our settlement and have them filed. Of course on the last day he calls and says "so when do I have to have these signed by?" instead of totally losing it I simply said "you do not have to sign them at all, I will see you in court next week and then next month at a settlement hearing and the month after that for mediation". Whe I got home from work that night the signed papers were on my desk