View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 06:40 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
theonlyway

~C ... 37 year old alcoholic in Michigan!~

Mom, sister, friend, wife, daughter, .....

I found this board 36 days ago and it likely will save/has saved my life.

I have no CLUE where I came up with this screen name -- I was paralyzed with fear and emotion when I created it... but i CAN tell you that Nogard ((((KEVIN)))) came up with my TOW nickname -- and up to that point, I was "ONLY" or "ONLYWAY"...... lol

Had I not found these friends on that day, I probably wouldn't be sitting here this morning. I would likely be home in bed avoiding my hang over, wondering what is wrong with me, not wanting to KNOW what is wrong with me, and planning when my next drink and fun --- & would be and avoiding my LIFE.

Currently between employments due to "giving up" and going back "out there" several months ago.

Today I am "dealing with" and "re-creating" my life...

At the end of today, I will have 37~ 24's and a LOT of work left to do...

There are so many people here that I have to thank for so many DIFFERENT 24's... and 24's to come... They know who you are, and if you're reading this, it may be you, or you may be next.

Every time I log into SR, I find a new reason to be sober, a new reason to be thankful that I am sober, or a new reason for being here--

I am married to my 2nd "non-normie"... (my mother's currently on her 3rd, so far my goal is to NOT keep up...) ;-) He has an 8 year old and a 11 year old that we have EVERY OTHER DAY!! ...that's a whole nother thread...

I have the most FABULOUS 9 1/2 year old daughter that has often made my life worth living. I have been recently given parental POA and residency of my AWESOME 14 year old niece. My sister is a highly addicted, non-functioning adult that is thus far one of the "such unfortunates" we hear about in How It Works... Which is why my niece now lives with me. I'm trying VERY hard to live upto the "image" of the great mom most people believe me to be.

I'm struggling with re-creating my life here in soberiety (with AA and SR) without completely disassembling it FIRST... which is my strong instinct/urge.

Because I'm here, because YOU'RE here, I have HOPE...

THAT is my story. I have hope...

~C