View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 04:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((obsessed))))

I'm glad her finger was taken care of, but I have to agree with everyone else....getting wrapped up in her drama is only going to take you down.

During the time I was smoking crack, I was choked and had a rib broken...didn't seek help; punched in the eye, broken cheek bone...didn't seek help; staph infection (that I originally got while working as a nurse, but the one you now read about killing people)...didn't get help. All I was concerned about was getting high.

None of these situations were enough for me to quit. It took an accumulation of consequences (getting locked up being one of them) for me to want to get clean, and even then I struggled. I had to learn the hard way, and it finally got bad enough that I want to stay clean more than I ever wanted to get high.

Nothing my family did/said got me to this point. Yes, it hurt me to know what I put them through, but at the time, the solution to that was to get high again and not think about it.

An addict is totally incapable of thinking logical thoughts. I STILL cannot believe the things I did and thought they were okay.

Please, take the focus off Lauren, and put it on you. If I had dealt with her finger situation, I would have taken her to the hospital (as you did), but I would have left her there. I worked in the ER of the major county/trauma hospital in Atlanta. People came in with all sorts of problems related to drug use. They were not coddled, or babied, but they were taken care of and were set up with a payment plan (which is why the hospital is going broke now)...but my point is, she HAS to learn to deal with her own consequences.

Cooking meth is extremely dangerous and deadly. The longer you enable her and take care of her problems, the longer she is exposed to that environment. I'm sorry that sounds harsh, but it's a fact. When she runs out of someone to turn to when she's in trouble, the better chance she has of realizing it's not worth it.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy