View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 07:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LaTeeDa

Real life examples of recovery

Today I posted about how I dealt with my ex and children from a new outlook. I find that many things have changed in my life since my eyes have been opened. I would like to start a thread where we can share our victories, big and small, over the past.

Here is another one. Last week I rented a movie from Blockbuster. I was excited to see this movie and when I opened the case I found that the actual disc that was in there was a different movie from the one I rented. I had a few moments of wondering what to do. It was fairly late (about 8:30) and I thought about just watching the movie I had and dealing with it the next day. But, I didn't really want to watch that movie, I wanted to watch the one I had rented! So, I made the decision to drive back to the store and get the movie I wanted. The guy I am currently dating was over and he decided to go with me. Back in the old days, I would have been fuming and fretting and P.O.'d about the mix up. On the way to exchange the movie, I looked up and noticed that the moon was absolutely beautiful that night. I made a comment about how if the store hadn't screwed up, I never would have noticed how beautiful the moon was. My date said "There you go, making a positive out of a negative again!" And I realized how much my life has changed since I "woke up."

How about you? Do you have any examples of how the outlook of recovery has changed your everyday life? Please share........

L