View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 06:28 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Aysha
Looking For Myself...Sober

I sometimes pop in the FandF just to remind myself what my family went through with me.
Sickatheart..You already stated what you need to do. But if your anything like my grams was....Your gonna be torn up inside and the constant crying and pleading and excuses may just break you.
I can tell you dont buy into it. The courts help addicts into treatment and sometimes mandate it. If she has withdrawls...Theres an infermory in jail.
I wish my grandmother would have let me stew in my own misery the very first time. It may have saved me many more years of destruction and close calls with death.
I was you daughters age when I started getting into drugs and trouble real bad. Now I am 32 and not until this last November did my gram and my entire family FINALLY let me sit and suffer. I got a big taste of tough love real fast. And I have to tell you...I have over 2 months clean and sober for the first time ever.
I didnt think this then...Of course not..I just had to get out of there and all the promises I could make I did.
Your making a brave a good decision. She may get upset with you now. But when that fog clears and she comes around. She will thank you for it.
Take care of yourself and be gentle to you.
I wish you luck and am thinking of you.