View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 04:29 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Aysha
Looking For Myself...Sober

I am Trish.... Addict.

I am a little over 2 mos clean AND sober for the first time in I couldnt tell you.
I did everything I possibly could for almost 13 years not knowingly to try and kill myself slowly. For no reason at all. Just liked getting high and being irresponsible.
Last year was my first attempt at recovery and I failed so terribly that I made a very serious a close attempt on my own life purposly. That was wake up call #1...Still got high anyway. Oh pity me I am an addict so I got a free pass to do whatever I want. Thats what I thought.

After all the extremes I have gone to in my addiction and the many very close calls with death not until this past November when my family disconnected from me for the first time ever did it really effect me. I never..I mean never ever want to feel like I did when they wouldnt talk to me, answer my calls, help me, come get me, NOTHING!
That was a very first ever. And I went into treatment and have been doing my best to stay on my path to recovery and just in a short time I am seeing big changes.

Now I love to spend time with my family and do outdoorsy things. I love and I mean LOVE sitting by the beach. Especially at night.

I am a rambler too. Sorry.