View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 02:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Barbara52

Originally Posted by Ser View Post
It just feels like it's only fair of me to let him know what jeopardy our relationship is in, but the signs are seeming clearer and clearer to me. I just feel like such a coward and a failure that I can't talk to him about these things.
As I was going thru the same situation, I knew I had to tell him one last time that his drinking (and all the other stuff) was ruinging our marriage. I did it for me since, as I knew would be the case, he didn't listen or believe me. My leaving him came as a complete surprise to him since he had paid no attention to my words telling him it was coming.

Originally Posted by Ser View Post
How do you go about separating yourself from someone when you own a house together, the market absolutely stinks, and neither of you can afford to live in the house afterwards? I'm getting ahead of myself, but these are the places that my practical head always go when I think about the future...
I left my AH 7 months ago, knowing the house would have to go up for sale since I didn't want it, he's can't afford it (he's been unemployed for 2 1/2 yrs). It took until a couple of weeks ago to get the house listed since AH was still in denial as to just what reality was handing us. I will lose some equity since the house has dropped in value. But I don't really care. I am gaining release from the one thing that ties me to AH. I will gladly walk away with nothing from the house if it didn't mean wrecking my credit rating. I have learned that my peace of mind and developing a good, peaceful life is worth every so much more than any money.