View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 02:10 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
serenityqueen
Attitude of Gratitude

I clicked onto this thread because it was a new post. I am Blessed to have a 19 year old son who I can with a pretty good amount of confidence say has never used. How can I say this? He saw everything it did to me. I'm 2 years, 7 months Clean & Sober today, addict/alcoholic. I needed to read this thread. Not that I have any thoughts of using, my life has never been better. But it helps me remember that I have hurt alot of people while I was out there. Especially my Family, namely my Mom, Dad and Son!

I applaude you for having the courage to share your pain on here. My Mom wouldn't go to Alanon, she said she didn't need help, I was the one with the problem. Even though I'm am on my feet for the first time in my life, my Mom has many issues that stem from the hell I put her and the rest of the family through the 32 years I used. I was only 11 years old when I first picked up, so you can only imagine the pain and misery that those years were filled with. I had very brief periods of Clean time, but it was just that, only clean time. I didn't change anything in my life except stopped putting the chemicals in my body. Look where it got me.

I wish Recovery for all of your Children and Family Members who are suffering as a result of this disease. I think it is truly incredible that you support your loved ones, but no longer enable them. What I realize now that part of supporting an alcoholic/addict individual is to practice tough love.

Thanks for letting me share and I will pray for all of you.

God Bless
Judy