View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 08:59 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
nytepassion
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

She did this to herself... and now she is reaping a consequence of the lifestyle she is choosing ... It takes much strength to refrain from rescuing. It takes much courage to have faith that allowing her to feel the consequences is just what she needs. It takes the pa out of arty and puts it where it belongs= pain .. addicts hate pain .. we run from it .. but if you can't get out to run .. then the pain is where it belongs .. on her shoulders. If she is allowed to feel the weight of her addiction full and made to bare it herself .. it can be just the motivator she needs to get the monkey off her back.

Believe me .. carrying around the cross of addiction gets to be very tiresome/overwhelming even ..

Just think of how tiresome and overwhelming it has become for you when you were cleaning up all her mess ups, rescuing her, trying to fix her .. Put all the weight of her addiction/her behavior and the problems it spawns on her shoulders and she will see that using isn't all that she thought it was... at least that is how it worked for me ... I know everyone is different .. but I can't imagine the weight being much different .. so I am a big believer in allowing the addict to reap what he sows .. (not out of mean-ness, but out of love) after all it is her life .. she wants you to let her live it .. this is a part of doing that.

Kudos to you.

Passion