View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 07:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Lobo

(((Sick)))

Sometimes this is what they need to wake them up. It didn't work for my RAD the first two times. The third time she was put in jail she came out and got clean, that was 8 months ago. I never bailed her out and never visited her. She knew that if she ever ended up in jail that I would never do either of those things. I told her it would rip my heart out to have to visit her behind bars and I wouldn't put myself through that. She is my only girl, I have two sons and neither have ever been arrested. They didn't walk down the path that she did.

On a positive note, she took care of her own recovery. She is clean today and sees a pdoc and therapist. She continues to take bipolar meds and she is doing pretty well.
She still lives with me and it is still hard, however she knows she can live here as long as she stays clean. I have reasonable boundaries......which she slides on sometimes, but on the grand scheme of things they are small compared to the way she used to live.

This just may be what shakes Kristina up. She will have a lot of time to think about what she is doing with her life. She will realize what a dangerous lifestyle she is living. She will be in jail with some people who are probably a lot tougher than her and hopefully she will be able to realize that she doesn't want that to be her life.

I remember the crying, begging, the pleading to get her out. I never caved, I even hung up on her after I told her I loved her and she just wasn't going to get her way this time. She had to accept the situation as I have had to do so many times.

God bless you and Kristina...............Lo