View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 03:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sickatheart

Kristina Is In Jail!!!

Hi everyone. I haven't posted in a while because of all the drama going on with my A/D. Well no big surprise she finally ended up in jail for Heroin possession. The irony of it all is when her sister got the call(we have a collect call block on our phone ,which I forgot all about (long story).

To bring you up to speed my daghter Kristina has been using Heroin now for about 4 years. She started at 15, she just turned 19, 3 wks ago and if I had to estimate I think in total she may have about 7 months clean in 4 yrs. Un fortunately I went the whole enabling route, right up to a wk ago,Wed when she got arrested. I let her con me into thing she was going to an N/A meeting and "said one of her friends from N/A was picking her up" right.

To make a long story short (one of my worst fears finally came to pass she got, arrested) The ironic part is I wasn't really that surprised, sad but not surprised. This is her first arrest but, Kristina managed to do it to the extreme, not only did she get arrested and landed in the county jail I found out it was her 2nd arrest of the night!! I don't know the exact details but, she was arrested earlier in the night I guess for possession but they let her go on her on recognance. You would think this would have scared her enough to go home and consider herself lucky-----NO not KRISTINA, she had to go out and cop again (because I guess the first time the cops took their drugs so naturally she had to get more. Talk about Divine Intervention.

The first time in my life, I did not run to her rescue and bail her out. This is very hard but, I know she has to be there for a while,in order to start facing the consequences of her addiction.

I was kidding myself this past month when she signed her self out of detox and took off with A/BF only to use again. She was out in the streets for 12 days,then went back to detox. I picked her up on Fri. and by Wed. she ended up in jail. She claimed she was ready and wanted to be clean (but I had a gut feeling deep down, I knew, this was not it.

Now it has been 5 days and of course she is freaking out to get out of jail, but I know I can't get her out yet. She says this is really her bottom but, if this is too easy for her I'm afraid this won't be her bottom. This is the 1st time in her life she is not getting her own way (none of us is running to her rescue)

I don't know how long it will be until she comes up in court but unless she voluntarily goes for long term treatment (which of course at this point she says that is what she wants) we are not bailing her out. Right now being where she is just might save her life even if she doesn't realize it yet. I don't know if she wants long term treatment just to get out of jail, or if she really seriously wants help. I guess we will see how this plays out. I really pray this will be her real bottom and that jail doesn't become a revolving door!!!

Please pray for us,

sickatheart