View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 03:54 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
RosieM

Thanks, everyone. He is so pathetic, can barely move, but says things like "We don't know what caused the wreck and maybe drinking had nothing to do with it." Does he not understand? There were open bottles in his truck. He drank before he got on the road. Who does that? Swig from a bottle you have stashed in your truck before you drive home on icy roads? He was supposed to be clean and sober. He's lied to me about this issue so many times I literally can't keep track.

We were so happy once. He told me yesterday he never would have believed, fifteen years ago, that this is what he would be now. So he's not entirely delusional.

I guess we will find out tomorrow if he will be charged with anything. Would they have arrested him at the hospital if he was being charged with DUI? I don't know the results of the blood alcohol test. Maybe we'll find that out tomorrow as well. Not sure how all that works, maybe some of you all have had experience with that and would share.

His phone was in the truck, so were his keys, and the police have his license, not that he would be able to drive with a cast on his right foot anyway.

I felt like I was making some good progress but this has brought all the hurt right back into my life and I feel like I'm falling apart.