View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 09:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
GreenTea
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Welcome to SR... You've found a good place...

You are NOT alone... You are also not insane...

What you ARE, is someone who is living with an addict... Your life is entwined with someone who is addicted to cocaine and pot, and things will never get better unless he seeks help.

YOU can't seek help FOR him -- that's something he has to do himself.

What you CAN do is communicate to him how his addiction is adversely affecting you and your life, asking him to do something about, and giving him some consequences if he doesn't.

You have already done this...

It sounds like you are afraid to follow-through on it, though.

There is a lot of pain which comes through in your post, dear, and you don't deserve it. I could "hold up a mirror" and quote you, hoping that you'll see it from the outside... I don't think I need to, though. I think you already know that you are in the midst of insanity, and that you are not willing to stay there.

Is this the same person you fell in love with? ... I doubt it.

I am going to say it again... YOU ARE LIVING WITH AN ADDICT... His only concern for you is to keep HIM enabled... That's all he cares about from you, and it sounds like he's not willing to recognize that, let alone do something about changing it... It sounds like his preference is to simply make YOU an addict too. In his mind that ends the "problem".

YOU aren't the problem... His behavior and addiction is.

You aren't insane. You're just scared.

What are you afraid of? ... Being alone? Heck, there's millions of people who would be *eager* to have a relationship with you! You just don't realize it... No more snuggling? *Everybody* snuggles, even when they think they don't.

Muster your courage and face your fear and start making arrangments to go. It sounds like things are already over and have been for a while... Start disengaging your life from his and make a break for it as quickly as you can... HE has already made his choice, and it doesn't include you.