View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 07:55 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
1cor13

I have been reading the comments here on this thread and decided to look into WFS/MFS and pulled the steps if you will. I agree with them and see how they can be of benefit. I don’t know if they would have worked for me much like Religion I never gave anything a fair shake until I was absolutely hopeless. I am a greatfull member of Alocholics Anonymous and through God and the 12 steps I am sober. Let’s look at the step breakdown in comparison to the steps of AA.

1 talks about powerlessness, 2 talks about the insanity, 3 talks about God’s will, 4 deals with my inventory, when doing 5 I felt like number 2, 6 deals with willingness, 7 sacrifice, 8 again willingness, 9 amends, 10 deals with emotional sobriety, 11 deals with prayer and meditation, 12 helping others, and 13, not using what I have been given for selfish gain (13th step). After taking a look at the many different roads to sobriety they don’t seem so different. I'm happy with my choice to become a member of Alcoholics Anonymous.

1. I have a life threatening problem that once had me.
2. Negative thoughts destroy only myself.
3. Happiness is a habit I will develop.
4. Problems bother me only to the degree I permit them to.
5. I am what I think.
6. Life can be ordinary or it can be great.
7. Love can change the course of my world.
8. The fundamental object of life is emotional and spiritual growth.
9. The past is gone forever.
10. All love given returns
11. Enthusiasm is my daily exercise.
12. I am a competent man and have much to give life.
13. I am responsible for myself and my actions.