Thread: Addicted to SR
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 01:25 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Gmoney
Evolving Addict

StayinAlive,

Wassup? I hear ya...and you almost took the words right out of my mouth. (LOL!!) I recall posting on another thread about how there are days when I can't wait to get home to my computer and check the responses and new posts! I've even found myself rushing to get to work because I stayed too long here at SR writing or reading what someone else wrote. Sure...I believe that being here excessively can be an expression of my addiction. I suffer from a disease that can express itself in every aspect of my life. For me, addiction isn't just about drug use. I can get addicted to anything I like.

I agree with everyone who shared about the importance of finding balance. It's very crucial that, whenever I recognize I'm being obsessive and compulsive about something or someone, I check myself and try to put my priorities back in order. If not, I usually find myself unmanageable.

On the other hand, being here at SR isn't the worst thing I could be doing. I remember reading a book called "Positive Addictions" many years ago, and what I recall from it is that, we addicts tend to substitute. Wow! Figure that, eh? No wonder I've got 45 pairs of sneakers!!

At least I'm not using dope.