View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 07:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
loverof1

My AH just got promoted. He does very well at work despite his addiction. He came home yesterday and announced that he had an offer from his old job making half the money and no benefits and he wants to take it. Here is where the "argument" comes in. His old employer hires the bottom of the barrel junkies. It was while working there that he lost control maybe because they all think it is cute to go out to the bar at lunch and drink and then follow that up after work for some more. I have an issue with that. My stand is that if he goes back there we are through. He has left once over this issue and I was actually ok with that. This time he says that I am making him choose or giving him an ultimatum. I can see his point, but when he came back before I told him that I would not change my mind about that place or the people they employ and that if he truly had to go back there to be happy then to go, we just were not going to go with him. I dont think that is unfair. I know what that will bring and I dont want any part of it.

He says "why do I have to be the one to carry the health insurance?" my answer: because my job doesnt offer it.