View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 06:10 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
warrens

Originally Posted by jimhere View Post
I don't know if you are an alcoholic or not Warren. Only you can answer that. If you are, it is not a question of morality. You don't seem to be an immoral person that doesn't know the difference between right and wrong or true and false. Alcoholism isn't about right or wrong, but does it work?

Having said that, perhaps you are not alcoholic. Try leaving your beer alone for a while and see how that goes. You've already answered the question about controling drinking when you are drinking. Try controlling it when you're not drinking.
Jimhere, I've no doubt this time that I'm an alcoholic. I didn't come here to figure that out, I'm here to deal with it. I'm five days into a lifetime without. That's my approach. I "negotiated" my way into social drinking after several years without, and here I am. That train has left the station.

In an attempt to approach the first step, I am simply trying to deal with the guilt vs personal responsibility. My morality doesn't come from religion, I don't understand that. It comes from within. I just want to figure out how a moral person can wreak so much havoc on himself and others and basically live a lie. It ain't easy to accept. But I guess that is down the road.

I am through negotiating with myself, however. I ALWAYS freaking lose! And I am sick and tired of losing, even if I am a Cubs fan of 50+ years...

Thank You

warrens