View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 03:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Barbara52

Welcome. I hope you find this place as helpful as I have. There are many sympathetic ears and lots of good information.

Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
I ended up kicking her out to the house because I couldn't take it anymore but she still comes back every morning to shower and it's bothering me.
If she's still there, you didn't kick her out. First question I have is do you want her in your place or not? If not, then she needs to leave and not be back everyday.

Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
I am concerned about her drinking and it seems that she is very angry and going off the deep end. She's not drinking every night, but enough that she told me all she wants to do when she leaves the house is drink. And she's not rational. Is making very odd decisions. I'm worried she will be harmed as this is dangerous but she keeps throwing it in my face that we broke up. I think her father was an alcoholic.
One of the most important things I learned when I came in her is the 3 Cs. I didn't cause it. I can't change it. I can't control it. Only the alcoholic can decide to deal with their alcoholism and change their behavior. What you can do is decide what you want in your life and make any changes necessary to get you where you want to be.

Keep reading and posting. This is a wonderful place.