View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 03:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NYC17

Need Advice During Break up/Seperation

My GF and I have been together for 2 years and recently I initiated a break up or some time apart because she wasn't giving me what I needed. She has been starting a new career in production for since October and as recent as December she started acting differently. Going out a lot more with friends, getting drunk. She rarely drank in the two previous years and didn't go out much, mainly due to the fact that she is in a gay relationship and isn't out. But over the past few weeks her drinking started getting bad. She would pass out at strangers houses and not come home or call. It wasn't often but once or twice and it was getting worse. She wasn't coming home and staying with friends but she was not calling me and making me worry. Well, I decided I couldn't handle this anymore and made the break. We live together and she said she thought a break would be good for us but she didn't want a permanant one and that we just needed some time. She seemed happy about this new found freedom. That very night she went out and came home drunk at 6am and never called. I ended up kicking her out to the house because I couldn't take it anymore but she still comes back every morning to shower and it's bothering me. I am concerned about her drinking and it seems that she is very angry and going off the deep end. She's not drinking every night, but enough that she told me all she wants to do when she leaves the house is drink. And she's not rational. Is making very odd decisions. I'm worried she will be harmed as this is dangerous but she keeps throwing it in my face that we broke up. I think her father was an alcoholic. This was just supposed to be a break and now it's turned into a nightmare. Any advice for me?