Old 02-20-2008, 12:37 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  
Kasey

Originally Posted by CurioAndTheCat View Post
Day three. I really don't want a drink. I have no desire for a cigarette or any other kind of substance. But I can't eat. My stomach is in knots and I'm racked with guilt about the last time I drank. I keep feeling like something I did or said is going to come back to haunt me and ruin whatever I have that's going well. It's not withdrawl... it's just guilt. Last time I quit I didn't have that guilty feeling. It was more of a I-can-do-this-and-I'll-prove-it-to-you feeling. This time... a world of difference.

Guilt is not something I'm used to feeling.

Has anyone made it a year their first time? I'm trying for an entire year... a lofty goal after only 3 days, but if you're going to go, go big, right?
I've only ever made it a month without a drink since I was 20. I'm 32...I rewarded myself with everything during that month but all I wanted was a drink. And I doubt I will make it a month this time. I just don't want to stop. My mind tells me that if I get past the DTs I will be able to cope with a social drink and manage my life. It's a sad goal.