View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 11:55 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  
rayofsunshine

Hi Everyone.

Kitty, after all I've been through, I think they have rights if they are living right and making good choices... not while they are sitting in jail because of their wrong choices. You're doing the right thing by doing what feels right for you and your son now. Your ex is not able to make right choices at the moment. His addiction has taken that away for now. Maybe this time, he'll really work his recovery while he's in there and someday he
can make good choices and be a good father to his son. You keep working on you... sending prayers of strength and peace for you.

Hi LauraK... welcome... sorry about what you're going through with your AS. I see under your name "trying to get out of Gods way". That's what I felt when I finally realized I had enabled my AH for so many years... I thought if *I* just did this or that... or if I loved him better, etc. etc. he'd stop using. I finally learned it wasn't in MY control. I had to "Let go and let God" and "get out of Gods way". That's when my sanity started
coming back. Keep posting and sharing. You'll get so much support and learn alot from this forum.

Hi Babs. I love to travel too. Hope you had a nice business trip! The rocker is waiting for you when you get back.

Everything is going ok here. The remodeling of my bathroom is now underway. It was RAH idea. We picked out the flooring yesterday. Got a new showerhead and sink faucet. We go tomorrow to pick out the wall boards, and he'll finish it tomorrow. The floor is done and it looks nice. This is one of those neglected projects from when he was using. He started on the bathtub walls, and never finished. The floor was rotting around the tub. For today, it feels really good to see him tackle this project.

Peace everyone.