View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 08:01 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
GiveLove

So, UM, what small thing have you decided to do?

(not to be a nudge, but.......there's something to be said for loving pressure )

I'll share one of mine with you...well, the only one currently. I've decided to wear clothes to school that I could possibly work out in. You know, stretch pants, a nice sweatshirt. Just in case, say, I decided to walk over to the Gym on campus and put in a half-hour reading while on the treadmill or bike. Which is completely free. And like fifty feet from the door of my last class. And a very happy, friendly, uplifting environment. But which I've never done. For whatever reason. Usually because I say, "I'd like to, but, darn, I'm not dressed for exercise today."

I'm not forcing myself to do it. But my small step is to dress for it, and eliminate the possibility of using that excuse.

How's that? Small enough?

XOXOX
GL

p.s. UM, other peoples' failures are not yours. You might want to consider just praying them some love and hope for better days, and get on with your own growth. YOU are not failing; you are crafting your life out of the strangely-shaped block of wood you've been given recently.