Thread: Letters
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 08:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
lostnfound1961
Guess what, I'm not crazy.

Since there are three of us who have special brothers.... I wanted to ask a question. Do any of you know of support groups for family memebers of people who are ******** or mentely ill? I ask because after my mom died we (my sister and I) got him an appartment but as it turns out, he can not live alone. His body is 52 but mentaly he is around 4 or 6. It's strange but sometimes he acts like a man and sometimes a little kid. Anyway, we have had him in two group homes now and when he does something wrong and gets into trouble he will call and cry or get all freaked out and sometimes I am overwelmed with sadness and guilt about his situation. I promased mom I would look after him and I feel like I have failed. (Even though I know it's what is best for him) He has never had much in his life, my dad treated him bad and hardly ever spoke to him without yelling, and growing up my mom would get out of controle sometimes and my brother was the easy target so he was the one she would hit. I remember her beating him once for something I did. I was about 5 or 6 at the time and confessed but she just kept hitting and kicking him while he was rolled up in a ball on th floor begging her to stop.

If I was rich, I would give my brother everything he ever wanted and more. He was the last person anyone thought of and most of our family treated him real bad. They would not want him in the room and constantly told him to shut up or say (on one wants to hear what you have to say)

My heart breaks for him.