View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 07:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

My biggest fear when I knew I had to quit drinking was "If I am not drinking what will I do?" Everything I did involved ME drinking!

I felt just like you, once I quit I made an important discovery, unless it was a beer bash or a cocktail hour there are a lot of folks that do not drink!!!!

What I found out was that I never noticed people who were not drinking because the only thing I was really concerned about was MY drinking!

I discovered that the line for sodas at a football game was longer then the line for beer, I noticed that most people drink hot chocolate and coffee at a game when it is cold, not beer!!!

I also found out that if someone offered me a drink and I said no thanks, they said nothing, they did not get on the PA system and say "Hey look, Martin is not drinking!"

I have also discovered that most people at a wedding reception never go to the open bar to get a drink. Now the only way I made that discovery was by not going to the bar and getting a drink! When I went to the bar to get a drink the only people I saw were people drinking.

Here is another amazing discovery I have made since I quit drinking, I can still do everything I used to do while I was drinking with one major difference...... I do them better sober! I have also found there are a ton of new fun things I can do now sober that I could not do while drinking!!!