View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 02:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
blitzen
small and orange

Cool how do people .....

how do people "drink socially"? i mean, is that a concept i never quite got and now i have to kiss it goodbye? theres a softball party on Saturday and i cant get out of it . ( i JUST moved to this city , in with my brother and hes determined i have a social life and not just drink alone while playing ds and watching the office. great show btw) i have no way of passing on it. i mean, i really do need friends here in Odessa and if i cant make friends with people who drink while im 26 ......wtf am i going to do in ten...twenty..thirty years??? people drink. i just ...cant. how do i do this? is social drinking something i can still do? i don't really know how. (i know ive been sober for 24 hours and at this point it doesn't really matter what i do Saturday ..but for future reference....)

please don't laugh. i look at my future and see a ton of social situations where people are drinking and .... how do i not drink without looking like "that guy"?? its not so much about looking like that guy as its about the ton of situations ahead of me. any advice? i hope yall at least understand my complaint here. thanks for putting up with me since ive joined. i like it here, and youll probably have to ban me to get rid of me