Old 02-10-2008, 06:42 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
lightseeker

Cherbear -

If you check in today I hope that you will give us an update. No matter what your journey is and your choices, this forum is a wonderful place of support and love.

Three years ago when I first posted I was given the same advice - run run run. But, I also received understanding that that is not always going to be the choice - it wasn't mine. Like my RAH, whose disease of addiction is extreme....mine is too. I was convinced that we would be "different". And in some ways we have been very lucky in terms of no relapses at this point. Although I would not now knowlingly pick this path I believe that I would have repeated my poor choices again and again and again. There is no doubt of that in my mind. So, although I now would not say that I would do it again - it's only because I've truly gone through the fire and done the work that allows me to understand what I should and shouldn't accept. Quite a paradox, huh? Anyway, although I went against the grain of the advice I received I also received compassion for my choices and support as I began my journey. I am finally at the place where I am saying that I wouldn't do it again - but it's only because I actually did it. Does that make sense at all? I had to dig deep into myself to find the resolve and self discipline to do the work on myself that allowed me to change into a person that knows where I stand - and to be willing and able to sustain my position.

I really hope that you are doing okay and receiving the anwsers and guidance that allow you to discover the best path for you.

Love, Donna