View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 04:48 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
GailJ

Ouch... Yes they do get angry and stay angry a long time, when we are in the safety of a womans shelther doesn't it. Just makes their blood boil. LOL

I understand why you are not jumping into divorce immediately. Your stress meter must be beyond the needle right now. Like a dodge charger, pedal to the metal. Yes I know where you live and you know i've lived there too. Oh hun.... It takes me back to things I thought forgotten that I experienced...to read your posts here.

I'm proud of you too. So proud... I know how hard it is to leave and go to that shelter. In my case I was a week before delivery with my third boy, half a day after a false labour and with my ex holding me three feet above the door by my neck, (thing I didn't pass the salt that night at dinner, still foggy, 20 yrs later.....I still see my feet dangling in the air, his buddies watching and doing absolutely nothing to stop him...my other youngins, two just four and three watching him do it from the corner at the end of the hallway. and I remember leaving with the shirt on my back.............Best thing I ever did.... back then.

Your courage always astounds me. Your intellect, hence not just running blindly and you doing your homework too, staying focused, thinking of tommorrow even if you don't know if you can make it through today.
Now you have some control over whats going on, and with backup, real back-up,

As much as they try they can't take that away from you.

You stick too your guns girl...There comes a time when therapy can't help anymore, I've never said that here before as I don't want to offend those for which therapy helps, and I won't go there, here .

I think I need that control. Yet I still seek help where I need it and you can too. The legal system seems to be the right answer for you.

Ohhhh. Giant long lasting hug to you girl. So glad your back. We're here

PS who the hell goes to a therapist on your birthday......

Last edited by GailJ; 02-08-2008 at 05:05 PM.