View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 02:27 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
NYC_Chick

sugErspun - I feel like I did something wrong because if he's not really an alcoholic, then I could have just given up the love of my life without trying to give him the chance to figure it out. Sounds dumb, but this is my thought process right now. He said he has all this support, so if I'm wrong, doesn't that make me crazy or something like that? Then again, lie after lie, which have been much worse than I posted, kind of makes me think something is wrong. All I know now is that it's a difficult place to be.

I understand that he has to get better for himself. I guess I have watched too much intervention TV or something. I thought he was giving up drinking because he wanted to. I also thought that if the people in his life were important enough he would work to make that change. I just don't understand why he would admit to the problem, then say that although he is an alcoholic, he is different now and can control it.

Pulmh - Thanks for the link! I see what they have to say. I'm already going to meetings, so I guess I'm headed in the right direction.

Skinnyninja - Thank you! Someone else (who has a drink maybe one every six months) told me the same thing. I guess it just helps to hear from someone in recovery.

I am sorry for intruding on your post. Thank you again!