View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 09:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
liesagain

maybe I'm having a bad day.....but

does this make anyone else sick to thier stomach?

I went into a store today while my husband was outside pumping our gas, it was a decent looking CHEVRON station in a good area of town, and at the register in the glass case was Chore boys, glass pipes, the little baggies !!!!!

Maybe because its getting close to my RAH, pattern of relapse......but this made me so very angry!!
How can we expect them to stay clean when all they have to do is walk into a store............and have all the "works" staring them in the face!!!!

so I asked the guy, do you own this store he replied yes, so I ask.........why then do you sell things you KNOW are for using drugs? Dont you even care that the same person that buys these things NOW could be back later to rob and KILL you for more money to keeep doing their drugs!!!?
he acted all dumbfounded so I walked out ( had to buy the gas it was already pumped)

So anyhow I know it does no good, but I am angry and I want them to know!!!this stuff ruins lives yet for a buck they would sell it in a well known store!!!

So to make MYSELF feel beter I wrote this letter to Cheveron, and now true to what I said I am sharing it with all of you................its up to you if you want to spend your money with the company or not but I will not be ever again!!

Thanks for letting me vent!

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to express my concern and upset. I am sure that you are aware of the seriousness of the drug problem in our country. I would not think that Chevron would want their good name associated with any business that is promoting drug use. However, today I went into a service station that was identified only as Chevron on the sign. This station is located at 2550 West SR 434 Longwood Florida 32779.

I was repulsed by the contents of the glass display cabinet at the cash register. In this glass case was a display of Chore boy scrub pads, Glass pipes, small plastic bags listed as jewelry bags and numerous other well known items that are used for the consumption and use of drugs.

I find it appalling that your Company would allow these items to be sold and displayed in your stores, particularly when it is well known that these items are drug paraphernalia.

Not only is insensitive to the drug issue that our country, our families and even our children are facing but it is unsafe for your store owners and workers.

Enticing drug abusers into your stores to purchase drug paraphernalia is also potentially setting your workers up for harm.

What happens when that same drug abuser who earlier in the day purchased drug paraphernalia in your store runs out of money and returns to that same store to rob and possibly kill your employee? Will your company not hold any responsibility in the persons death? I think so.

I for one, will never again patronize that store or any other company affiliated with Chevron unless and until this issue is corrected. Please be aware that not only will I not patronize your businesses but I will also make certain that I tell as many people as possible that your Company knowingly promotes drug use by selling these items. That your company's store not only sells the items but puts them together on display at the cash register to promote the items for the ill intended use.