View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 08:35 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
LauraK
Trying to get out of God's way

Noelle - I totally agree with the "let him do the legwork" - I was kind of answering Andy's post about "finding him another rehab program" - I got him the phone numbers to the 2 Teen Challenge programs on the other side of the state (I did hear they are better programs from someone else), he has his probation officer's phone number, it's totally up to him. If he wants to stay clean and out of prison, he will need to try to work it out with his PO, IF he asks me about other rehab choices, I can get him some numbers if I find anything, but so far he has not asked.

I think the judge let him try him Teen Challenge because it was to be a 14 month rehab stint, and the judge WAS going to *offer* him 23 months in prison for a probation violation...but decided to give him one more last chance before prison; Kevin knew this going in. Not sure what's on his mind now, maybe this week I will get a chance to talk a little more in depth with him about it, but I am not going to try to influence him either way - it's up to him now :-)

Thanks for your input!!