View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 06:43 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
NoelleR

Red face

"... it's a short program and he did a 30 day stint there, did GREAT while THERE, but got back into drugs as soon as he got out...

"...I would love to see him go to another rehab program, but for me to look them up and find another for him to go to...I don't know, it's not like he's called me and asked me to help him find another rehab program to go to..."

Laura.....plz, plz, plz....don't take this the wrong way....

I see that your son did a stint at another rehab, but it was short, and after getting out, he went back to drugs.....Well, even though Teen Challenge is longer, and more intense, that doesn't mean he wouldn't do the same thing and go back to drugs upon getting out.....

Places like Teen Challenge are a godsend, but they can be seen as a bit 'closed,' a bit cloistered, a very protected environment, and sometimes it's hard for a person to get back into the big world, upon release....

After rehab, it's always up to the individual to maintain his/her 'sobriety.' ...and to your questions about finding another rehab for him.... NO, NO, NO. Not to be too adament here, but it really needs to be up to him.....Helping him find a rehab, but having him do the footwork, that would be good, but you doing all the work......I kinda see that as enabling.....he just gets to sit back and let you do all the work?....too bad we can't go through the rehab/recovery for them.....but, alas, it doesn't work that way...........least it didn't for me..... (o:

NoelleR