Thread: Spew
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 06:44 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
rahsue
remember to breathe

Originally Posted by KayM View Post

My husband is an EX-addict, but with continuing behaviors that bring me back to his addiction (lying, deceiving, arrogance, various minor breakings of law that could affect my financial condition).

I always expect him to call, asking for forgiveness -- and he never does. And that just makes me feel worse. And, somehow, I end up apologizing, at the end of the day, just to "keep the peace." Otherwise, we both go into silent treatment, which makes being in my house unbearable.

KayM
My first reaction to your post is "there's no such thing as an "EX" addict. It is my understanding that once you are an addict you are an addict for life, therefore need to work a program for life even if its a meeting once a year.

and as far as apologizing just to keep the peace, Hell no, so keep the silence, stop beating yourself up and apologizing.
someone on here has a quote at the end of their postings that reads

THE DEFINITION OF INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS.

Now your a good person who wants nothing more than some peace and quite frankly some honesty. Pat yourself on the back and move on with
YOUR RECOVERY FROM CODEPENDENCY

Best of luck to you, keep reading you'll be a pro in no time lol

:codiepolice