Old 01-30-2008, 12:36 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
theonlyway

Hello Everyone~ ...just catching up. I was graciously relieved of my SR addiction by my daughter and niece on Sunday... Between the two of them, My Space and Club Penguin, they somehow managed a "helpful" crash.... **forces a smile**

Anyhow, I'm back, but my time will be limited until I am able to replace... for now, I'm faced with going around the corner to use a friend's...

Ok..... so, today began Day TEN! ...and it has been a good day. Last Tuesday (day 2, meeting 1) I thought there was no way I was going to survive minute by minute... Finding this board has been such a Blessing.

These past days have been such a roller coaster... but listening and learning and sharing some on this board has been such a lifeline. I don't think I would have made it to meeting 1, had I not found this board... and I'm sure I wouldn't have made it through Day 3 (without changing my mind about addressing the problem or it BEING a problem) without his board and meeting 1.

Last night was Meeting 4 and it was SO good. I was so thankful to BE there, for the people sharing, for the Big Book I took home... for the possible sponsor phone numbers given to me...

Today was my first appointment with my counselor in two weeks... Boy, did I have a LOT to tell her... I was up until past midnight last night reading. I woke up this morning thinking "This can't be 'normal', I'm actually LIKING AA!" ??? !!! ??? --but I really am.

I still don't "like" the idea of admitting I'm an alcoholic, but I like the idea of addressing the problem... I still don't "like" the idea of never drinking again, but I like the idea of not drinking today... I still don't "like" the idea of passing on what has been a "good time", but I'm liking waking up without a hang-over and regrets...

Anyhow, I'm babbling, but I really just wanted to say **HELLO** -- and **THANK YOU** ... and if I started listing people, I'd be sure to miss someone, so I won't even try. Just know that your love and support, your advice and your stories, your tears and your celebrations... have all touched me so deeply...

And so, I go... on to finish my work for Day 10. Funny, really, in a way, it was a blessing... Losing my computer made me "step away from the screen" and take a look at doing some of the work... Really focusing on those steps and what is -- or isn't -- ...

Hugs to you all!
~C