View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 02:44 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Growing
Progress Not Perfection

"Living with a practicing alkie whether an individulal is also an alkie or not is absolute H*ll!!!!!"--laurie

I agree with laurie...why do we try to convince ourselves that it is not hell? Maybe we are just in hells waiting room?

I would also add...to the comment about...the reason why we do this is because we are "caring" people. You are not caring for yourself. You are not caring when you are effectively destroying your own self worth. You are not caring when you are injuring your own psyche.

Are you caring when you are choosing to destroy yourself, your self worth and your sanity? Instead of hurting the alcoholic..You are hurting yourself, taking it out on yourself, drinking the poison and waiting for the A to get help? To hit a bottom? I will take this poison, and then when the A sees what they/I have done...they will get sober...maybe.

I agree with formerdoormat. How about not drinking the poison and asking yourself some questions...what happened to YOU where you were considering self-harm as a solution? Like emotional suicide? How is that working for you? How is that helping the alcoholic? How is that love?