View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 04:07 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
nodrinkingzone
Fighting the good fight

Originally Posted by Sugah View Post
That someone told you you need to be on methadone for Darvocet/Vicodin addiction and that they told you you could expect to be on it for 8 to 9 years makes my head feel like it's going to pop.

There's a reason they call it the treatment industry. Remember that. They're in it to make money, and methadone is very expensive.

NA doesn't cost a dime. If you toss a buck or two in the basket, great, but you don't have to. And unless you're a real morning person and have a.m. meetings available, you don't have to rise before dawn to get there.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
YES

Damn straight, there's a bunch of very evil, very greedy people making a lot of money out of this...

good luck DaveFLBrn, and I think you've made the right choice too - the next question has to be - how are you going to manage your pain without narcotics? Are you still in pain, or are you over that and just dealing with the drug addiction?

I swear, sometimes it sounds like these Drs have got people addicted to drugs on purpose, just so they can cash in. There's a few threads like this around today, just making me angry - so I'll leave it at that, and wish you all the best Dave - I used to be a heroin addict too, and trust me - you do NOT want to take Methodone, it's evil stuff.

8 or 9 years? That's insanity!