View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 09:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
DaveFLBrn

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I felt like I was basically treated like crap at the E.R. both of the times I went. Especially by the nurses who acted like I was some criminal or whatever. Which is why I called up my doctor the second time. I basically had nothing to lose. I went to the biggest hospital in the area. The only other one near here is a Catholic run hospital which is a lot smaller. I live in a small city of around 30,000 people. There really isn't much here.

And yeah, I panicked when the woman told me her plan to put me on Methadone for 8-9 years. I think it's really stupid to become addicted to yet another drug and have to stay on it all those years. Before speaking with her I was put in a room with a bunch of other addicts for about an hour, all of them there to get their dose. All they did was brag to each other of how many drugs there were/are on and what they took. I felt very uneasy being around them for some reason.

Still want to get off the drugs. Called a drug addict help hotline yesterday, the lady on the other end of the phone told me a licensed therapist would call me back. They never did.

I've been breaking the Vicodin in half and taking a half a one every 3 hours instead of taking a whole one every 6 hours. It helps with the cravings better. This way I don't run out until I see my doctor again on Feb 5. Seems like I have to see him now once every 28 days instead of him writing me out a script with 2 refills like he used to with the Darvocet and I only used to see him once every 3 months.