View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 08:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
tryintohelp

Hi Kitty. It's so good to see you posting here at SR!

After your ex spent 2 years in prison (maybe clean for 2 years), you gave him a chance. You worked so hard during that time on yourself and for your son. And you GAVE him a chance. You let him see his son, and you allowed him into your home. HE CHOSE to leave. HE CHOSE to let his beautiful son down. HE CHOSE to smoke crack.

You gave him a chance to be a family, and he chose option B, or I guess C. If you give him another chance, what does your gut tell you he will choose this time? And if he does go down that road again, he will drag you and Andrew down with him.

In my opinion, if he's going to go back to crack, he will do so no matter where he ends up going. But if he really understands that this is his last chance, a life of death decision for him, he may choose life and do whatever it may take to stay alive. I would recommend for him to go to a hospital about his insulin and diabetes. I would maybe give him some phone numbers for some shelters or halfway houses, and tell him that if he really wants to get clean, he should go there. I would tell him that you and Andrew love him and want to see him get better, but you cannot allow either of you to watch if it doesn't get better. And I would pray for him, and ask God to take care of him.

Glad to hear there's a new guy in your life also! I hope he's treating you like a princess! I don't think it may go over well with him to allow your ex back into your home, huh?

Take good care of yourself, Kitty! You are the only stable parent Andrew has right now, and you can't take any chances on making any choices that will rock your stability and mental state. Even when those choices are hard and make us feel guilty, we still gotta do what is best for ourselves!

Lori