View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 07:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Sonny McB

xanax and alcohol are a particularly bad combination. Go google what it can do to you after a relatively short period of time. Also, xanax is one of the most addictive things you can be taking let alone alcohol. In this case I say a visit to the doc would be a very good idea.

Drinking only amplifies your stress level. Just remember that. It's only a temporary solution with long term consequences. You will need alcohol just to feel like you can function through the day (maybe you're already at this point). I can't think of many things worse than this. It only gets harder and harder the more you continue. Im sure you know but it's always good to have someone give you a fresh dose of reality. You stopped before... (for how long though?) What made you start again after being sober?

It's no longer fun and games. It's a serious issue that will destroy your mind and your life if something isn't done.

Take a deep look inside and just be realistic. Be honest to yourself. I know it's a vicious cycle but you need to break it and the only thing you can do is look forward to being sober and feeling good again by getting in control of yourself and going through the pain of stopping. Do whatever it takes to get there.

This place has helped me a lot. I hope it does as much for you as it has for me.

Last edited by Sonny McB; 01-22-2008 at 08:17 PM.