View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 07:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
vashti45

End of Day 4 -

Thanks, Tigger! I love your monicker--we do a lot of reading Pooh stories around this house.

I'm happy to be at the end of Day 4 and looking forward to Day 5. I've struggled long with anxiety and depression, pre-dating by years my alcohol abuse. So these first few days of sobriety haven't been much fun, physically or emotionally. But I admit today was a little bit easier than yesterday, and I am going keep hoping that trend continues for long enough that I can get stronger.

I would also echo the advice to maybe try another doctor. I know for me, in-patient treatment isn't a realistic option--I would have to get my work to give me medical leave, and get my parents to make my mortgage payment. So I'm trying to put together a bundle of coping strategies: herbal tea, exercise outdoors, healthy meals, following my (good) doctor's orders, being in the moment with my kids ... I'm repeating my other post, but mainly for my own benefit.

Hope to check in with you tomorrow. My thoughts are with you in your struggle. Remember that sometimes we can discover more strength than we realized we had, whether it's from a higher power or some other source.