View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 08:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
ccirider

Originally Posted by Alice Kate View Post
I am by no means a stupid person, so why do I have such a hard time accepting the fact, and keep asking myself why all the time. It's like my brain understands it, but my heart simply will not catch up.

Does he even think about what he has lost, and the huge void he told me he had in his life when we first broke up. Does he even think about whats not there anymore, or is he so consumed by the alcohol that he doesn't give it a second thought anymore. How do you go from being so happy and content for 3 years, to suddenly drinking and not caring about anything that meant everything to you before.
Hi AliceKate:

I think that you are making a big assumption when you say that he was happy and content for 3 years. It sure sounds to me like he was still carrying around a lot of baggage from his childhood as Acoa. I am sure that you brought him a lot of happiness to his life, but apparently it wasn't enough to overcome the misery he was in. I get the feeling that he was not only being consumed by alcohol, but also by his past.